The following is a must-have for this position:
Orange Marketing is a fast-growing marketing consulting company. Based in Newport Beach, California, Orange Marketing has built its name, reputation and client base by delivering game-changing marketing campaigns to B2B clients that increase traffic, leads, customers and brand value. We are experts at what we do!
Orange Marketing is looking for a few interns..
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
You'll help us create content in its many forms, like video, ads, blogs, articles and more, about our very smart and technical startup companies and their products. You'll help create campaigns to drive leads, and set up the automation to collect them. You'll probably do some research on this stuff (whoever said you'd never have to do reports in real life was wrong!) and turn that research into content.
You'd work wherever you are now, and spend lots of time with us on video, or meet up with us in person if you're local to Orange County. We don't have a physical office, so you've got to be a true self starter.
If this sounds like you (or your college-aged kid), consider joining us as a Marketing Intern! A Marketing Intern at Orange Marketing is a hands-on production role where you deliver inbound marketing services to our clients while you improve your own marketing business savvy and grow to the next level.
HOW YOU WILL GROW
You'll get real, hands-on experience with startups that are just beginning their journey in sales and marketing. You'll learn how to build demand, and collect and manage leads to turn them into business. This is real life- these clients hire people that can do this kind of stuff, so you'll be able to hit the ground running!
You’ll gain valuable experience in the strategy behind inbound marketing, grooming you to move into a more senior role and have a portfolio of work to show your potential employers..
YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Work hand-in-hand with Senior Consultants to create game-changing inbound marketing programs for our clients
- Take a leadership position in executing plans and exceed expectations – on schedule and on budget
- Source content and create compelling offers and ensure Orange Marketing and the clients are in complete alignment
- Become a specialist n inbound marketing tactics including blogging, social media marketing, search engine optimization, e-book/white paper/video content creation, website updates, email marketing, and others
- Become a HubSpot and Orange Marketing process professional and keep up with software and best practices, educating your teammates as required
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports to highlight wins, areas of improvement and recommendations for future programs
- Collaborate with Consultants on on-going strategic plans
- Stay informed about inbound marketing industry developments
- Become the resident expert on your client’s industry and marketing
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Experience or interest with online marketing and social media
- Ability to work a minimum of 16 hours per week, up to 24. This will be a paid intern position.
- We really prefer journalism and/or strong writing skills.
- Other skills that are a giant plus are photography, videography, front-end development (mostly css) and graphic design skills.
- If you happened to have any ad platform experience
- Tenacious belief in hitting deadlines and meeting commitments
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic "can-do" attitude
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong communicator with excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Great writing skills and storytelling skills
- This job is remote, so there's no ping pong table or kombucha on tap.
- We do a lot of video calls between each other and with clients, so you still need to look good in a professional environment, at least from the waist up.
- Work Tools -- here is what you will need to be successful: excellent internet connection in your location of choice and a decent computer with a decent sized monitor.
- Optional hardware/software that makes you super efficient and an even better fit with us: a second monitor (nearly required to do this kind of work), a copy of SnagIt, and a headset to communicate with us and our clients. If you are with us for 6 months we will reimburse 50% of the hardware/software (save your receipts).
- We are nearly 100% Google Suite: Drive, Calendar, Gmail, Sheets, Docs, Slides. We expect you to be as well. Our other heavily used tools are Trello, Slack and Zoom.
- You'll be responsible for achieving milestones on your own according to our time table.
- This opportunity is an Independent 1099 contractor position, so you also get to learn about time keeping, invoicing, and taxes! And the benefits of independent contractor work.